Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Wimpy!!


( This is me running away from realistic fiction in 2010.)

I am coddled.  I looked back on all of my reading choices for 2010 and decided that I am a scared.  I love the books that I read.  They were funny, smart, and mostly fantasy driven but….  I did not read anything tough.   All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab, Looking for Alaska by John Green and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan where my three ventures into real world issues this year.   I have avoided some of the books that are award contenders because they were terrifying to me. (Avoidance is not good when you are a librarian.)

So…  I am going to aim high in 2011 and try to read all of the Printz 2011 award winners and honorees.  Please please please don’t let it be a nonfiction winner this year!!   

The Printz winner is announced on January 20th 2011.

No comments: