Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mystery in Brief


The Cruelest Month: A Three Pines Mystery #3 in the series

It’s spring in the tiny, forgotten village of Three Pines.
But not everything is meant to return to life... 
When a group of villagers decide to celebrate Easter with a séance at the Old Hadley House, they are hoping to rid the town of its evil—until one of their party dies of fright. Was this a natural death? Or was the victim somehow helped along?
 

 

Rating 

4 out of 5 stars

Why did you pick this book?

I love Three Pines and Inspector Gamache!!  I had read the first two earlier this year and fell in love with the characters but was sidetracked by other books.  I am really glad I came back to them.  

Favorite Character?

Gamache!!  I love him I want to meet someone anyone even remotely close to his personality.  He is just the most unrealistic but totally amazing detective.  

Best Line?

"Everything creaks when you're afraid"- Gamache  Isn't that so true...

Biggest Disappointment?

The sub plot's resolution.   I really can't say too much more but Gamache please don't be so GD nice.

 Would I recommend this to my group?

Yes,  It is a great series and they are the ones that actually told me about it.  It was one of the highest rated book in all the years. 

No comments: