Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mystery in Brief


My new segment!!

I am going to be interviewing myself with short question/answers about mystery books I have just finished. I currently run the Mystery Book Club at my library and this takes me away from my first literature love YA Lit(Mystery is my second love). So I thought I would give them some blog space.


So without further ado...






Colorado Kid by Stephen King


On an island off the coast of Maine, a man is found dead. There's no identification on the body. Only the dogged work of a pair of local newspapermen and a graduate student in forensics turns up any clues.- from Goodreads

Ratings

3 out of 5 stars


Why did you pick up the book?

Haven on the Syfy channel is a great new show that is loosely based on this book. Since I loved the show I thought I would give it a try.

Favorite Character?
Vince- He is great old man from the eastern sea board. I love how they changed him for the show but his book persona is even more appealing than the shows.

Best Line?
"Heaven might be a rodeo but I think not"- Vince

Biggest Disappointment?
I was hoping for a little more freaky with my mystery. I also had hopes for a more conclusive ending but as long as the show has more I am okay for now.

Would I recommend this to my group?
No, its to baize for them. There is more story and less mystery.

Haven has a great homage to King in each episode they reference his work.

"
Thought you spotted something in an episode of Haven that looked familiar? You probably did. Haven, based on the Stephen King novella, The Colorado Kid, features other notable Stephen King references on the show each week. So, for your viewing pleasure, we're offering a weekly video recap that features clips of the iconic Stephen King notables making their way through town-- in case you missed them."- Syfy

I love this show. It is a mix of mystery and science fiction. They run episodes on their website and Hulu, so check it out.

No comments: